Sunday, September 8, 2013

We've Landed

Processing a move is like losing a friend. Oakland was a friend I didn't really like to talk to, because she was pretty rough around the edges. I seemed to always offend her. But we were neighbors and I saw her every day. And now I don't.

This is weird, but I miss my mailman and the kind guy who dropped off my UPS orders. I miss hearing the mom downstairs yelling at her children because they were running out the door without looking and speaking way too loudly. I miss the breeze of the water and walking next to the shore a couple times a week.

Needless to say, I miss the friends I love dearly.

We've moved to a lovely place. We are safe. People are very friendly. But I feel lost here. I AM lost here. After a month I have met only a handful of people. And I know friendships take time and that they should. But dang, it's lonely being the new girl.

In time, I'm certain that we will love it here. Once Autumn leaves fall I will be singing Louisville's praises. But here's where I am now. And that's all I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! No need to be shy.