Monday, July 23, 2012

Weekend Project Success!





I am so happy with how this turned out. We ended up getting the Grundtal shelving from Ikea. It has an industrial feel, but when placed with our tins, I think it works. Plus our pot rack looks like it belongs to the same collection. I was able to install and decorate it by myself in under an hour.
Honestly, it's unreal how much it has done to unclutter our cabinets. By pulling out some of our dishes, I was able to remove a  wooden shelf in one of our cabinets creating a tall space. Our large juicer and espresso machine were able to pack away rather than live on top of our refrigerator!

Tall shelving is a great way to make a small room look larger; that is as long as you don't completely stuff the shelves! It draws the eye upward, so you're less focused on the size of the floor. I also feel like it makes my apartment feel more like a home; my goal in all my decor choices.

Cost: $30 for 2 shelves + $8 for wall screws and drywall anchors = $38

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! No need to be shy.