Friday, June 8, 2012

Handmade Wardrobe- Simple Chambray Top



After making a chambray button down for myself, I decided I wanted more chambray in my wardrobe. This shirt was super simple. No darts, no placket, no cuffs.

I basically made myself glorified scrubs.. and I'm okay with that. Big ol' pockets so I stop leaving my cell phone all over the place. (I need to lose weight so that it will fit in my jeans again..) A high and wide neckline and 3/4 length sleeves.

This is my new favorite shirt pattern. I hope to try it with some sheer fabric soon.

Tomorrow we are off for a beach side vacation with friends. This is the kind of thing I always wanted to do but never have. Poor friends, my expectations are so high. All I want is a constant mega bonfire, grilled food for every meal, beer with every grilled meal, deep conversation with hard questions, games that I win every time and lots and lots of sunscreen. Is that too much to ask?

Hope you all have fantastic things planned for the weekend! Otherwise, I plan on making you super jealous. (No, but really, I'll invite you if you promise to let me win catch phrase.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! No need to be shy.